Endure-X™ Solid Roller Lifters
Endure-X™ Lifters are fully heat-treated, machined to ultra-high tolerances, are fully rebuildable and are available for a wide variety of applications, including small base circle and offset applications.
The four main features of Endure-X™ Solid Roller Lifters are:
1. Removable Link Bar - COMP Cams® patented link bar assembly combines the benefits of a removable link bar with the safety of a captured link bar.
2. EDM Oil Injection™ Technology - Guarantees that the bearing assembly receives a constant fl ow of pressurized oil via a precision hole aimed directly at the needle bearings.
3. Precision Sorted Bearings - The needle bearings are precision sorted by size to distribute load evenly, preventing premature wear and failure.
4. Tool Steel Axle - The axle is made of wear resistant Tool Steel to prolong the life of the roller assembly, particularly in high rpm applications.
Endure-X™ Solid Roller Lifter Rebuild Program
Today's roller lifters face grueling engine environments. Inadequate oiling, excessive spring pressures and valve lash, along with other factors, play a significant part in the failure of the roller, needle bearings and axle. COMP Cams® recognizes the high cost of new parts and designed the Endure-X™ Lifter Rebuild Program to help offset some of that cost.
The roller assembly is often the culprit in roller lifter failure. The lifter body can be buffed and the link bars replaced as necessary. However, the roller bearings and axle usually need to be replaced after each season of use or after any catastrophic engine failure. A sudden lack of motion is even more destructive than the sudden application of motion.
There is a small fee to replace worn or damaged parts, and replacement lifters may be purchased to replace defective or destroyed ones. This is often less than half of the cost of new lifters and ensures long, trouble free operation.
Rebuilt solid roller lifters go through the following steps:
1. Lifter bodies are disassembled and inspected for cracks.
2. Retaining grooves are inspected and cleaned.
3. Lifter bodies are thoroughly washed.
4. A new axle and roller assembly are pressed into the body, and new retaining clips are installed.
5. Lifters are reboxed and returned to the customer.