Conical Valve Springs 136 @1.800" / 412 @1.170"
|7228-16||Outer Dia.||Inner Dia.||Seat Load||Open Load||Coil Bind||Rate|
|Top||1.020"||.650"||136 @1.800"||412 @1.170"||1.125"||438|
Revolutionary Advancement In High Performance Spring Technology
Expected to become the new standard in high performance street and race valve spring design, COMP Cams® Conical Valve Springs utilize round wire and feature a diameter and progressive pitch driven natural frequency. This design increases the valve train RPM limit while reducing resonance concerns and decreasing dynamic spring oscillations. The result is longer spring life and the ability to run more aggressive camshafts. A breakthrough in valve spring development, COMP Cams® is the very first to introduce this advanced conical design.
Conical Valve Springs:
- Reduced mass improves RPM stability
- Conical design offers the best natural frequency damping
- Dampens w/o wear, heat/friction or risk from interference contact
- Progressive frequency increases RPM limit & allows for more aggressive cams
- Superfinish surface processing increases both max lift capability & valve spring longevity
- Constantly decreasing diameter from bottom to top reduces active mass & decreases applied forces; Result is longer valve train component life & less parasitic horsepower loss
- Reduced oscillation in Conical Springs translates to less applied force and stress to the springs. This increases the lifespan of the spring and the valve train. It also allows the use of more aggressive camshaft profiles.
Steel Spring Retainers
- 761-16 Chrysler Hemi Small Block - 774-16 GM LS - 1772-16 Tool Steel GM LS - 787-16 Other Applications
- 4680-16 GM LS - 4676-16 .530" I.D. - 4677-16 .570" I.D.
- 4753 Includes (16) of Each: .015", .030", .060"